[Skimmertalk] Fwd: Reverse Beacon Net

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Oct 18 08:32:34 EDT 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Reverse Beacon Net
Date: 	Sun, 16 Oct 2016 14:25:58 -0600
From: 	Jim AF5OT Heath <af5ot.beacon.1 at gmail.com>
To: 	letters at arrl.org
CC: 	N4ZR at comcast.net, N0AX at arrl.org

Hello, the reverse beacon net article (Oct. 2016) catch my eye. I am a
blind ham radio operator who just recently put into service a 10 meter
beacon (28.219MHz CW) The article by Pete Smith (N4ZR) and Ward Silver
N0AX) was quite informative in regards to how many people really hunt
for beacons. I did not realize that this information about beacons was
utilized by so many entities. I was also surprised to see that there is
software written for beacon searching.

Since I am blind I receive the  QST magazine via The Talking Book
Program by the National Library of Congress. If you check out my QRZ web
page you will see the information on my beacon I would appreciate any
contacts about my beacon at this email address.

Kudos to Pete and Ward on this article.

V73's
Jim Heath
AF5OT
El Paso, Texas

P.S. Many thanks to Sean Gardner KD6CUB for his help in making this
project work. Happy hunting everyone! ! !