[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya 1:14 impedance transformator + SV1AFN pre-amplifier

DD5XX (Saki) dd5xx at web.de
Sun Oct 22 12:13:46 EDT 2017

Hello all,

thanks to Bob (N6TV) I got one of those Red Pitaya impedance
transformator 1:14. I wonder if anyone did try to add a pre-amplifier on
the input and if so what is your experience ? I have heard and did read
lots of positive feedback on the pre-amplifier offered by SV1AFN on his
website. I would be interested in the kit "J310 push-pull HF pre-amp
0.5-54MHz" (see "https://www.sv1afn.com/j310preamp.html"). Do you think
to gain some more dB performance with this combination ?

Red Pitaya INPUT1 <---- 1:14 impedance transformator <---- SV1AFN pre-amp

Looking forward into your comments.

73
Saki, DD5XX