[Skimmertalk] Another Skimmer Antenna Idea

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jan 17 02:19:33 EST 2018

Pretty much any linear conductor is an e-field probe.   That's what most
antennas are.  This one is simply very short, and it even looks like it
has a large plate at the end to provide some capacitive loading.

By the way, here's the web site of the PA0 who did the original design.
He doesn't sound very happy about the Ukrainian offering and seems to
question whether the Ukrainian version has the same dynamic range of his
design.

http://www.pa0nhc.nl/Miniwhip/indexE.htm

Dave   AB7E