[Skimmertalk] lightning protection for skimmer

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 13:28:59 EDT 2018

Similar to all the posts thus far and definitely with all in mind (and mostly implemented so far at my station) that K3PA brings up... I bought a surge protector from DXEngineering for the feedline that’s mounted at my inlet box. Also AC surge protection inside. Everything grounded as K9YC and W8JI’s websites reference (general ideas cited from each source used).
If I had control lines for my Skimmer antenna I’d probably use the AS303 like was mentioned or similar.
I also made sure to check with my homeowner’s insurance policy on items covered and limits in regards to such events.
Like yourself I’d prefer to prevent damage from the start but felt good about being covered for what might happen.
Tim / N6WIN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone