[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya + Skimmer Server only receiving on lowest band

Carsten Steinhoefel carsten at steinhoefel.co.uk
Sun May 20 08:41:34 EDT 2018

After repairing my QS1R failed (so far), I have now got myself a Red Pitaya.

It has got v0.98 of the image and I have installed the Receiver for HPSDR.

Setting up Skimmer Server with just HermesIntf (tried 17.7.6 and latest version), I only get spots on the lowest band configured. So if I select say 160/80/40, I only get 160m spots and if I do 40/20/15 I get only 40m spots etc.

The same behaviour with CWSLTee. In HDSDR I can receive fine on the lowest band selected in Skimmer Server. On all other bands (the correct frequencies are shown), there is no signal at all. The display goes down to -399dBFS.

If I select fewer bands the network bandwith goes down as expected (seen in Task Manager)

Same behaviour on 2 Windows 10 PCs (one with the latest versions of all software involved, one with Skimmer Server 1.5 and an older CWSLTee that was already on).

Any ideas?

73 Carsten G0SYP