[Skimmertalk] RBN Map Issues

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 17:43:00 EDT 2018

Google Maps has managed to break the mapping function of the RBN website
with code changes related to their new pricing algorithm.  Worse yet, it
also broke the callsign display and search functions.

Felipe PY1NB is working on a fix as he can find spare time, but ad
interim we have changed the default so that when you log onto the site,
it will come up with the map disabled.  That re-energizes the search and
listing functions, and since spots and paths were not showing on the map
anyway, no functionality has been lost.  Rest assured that we don't like
this any more than you do, and we'll get the map back up and running
just as soon as we can.

Happily, the Telnet spot streams are unaffected by all this.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.