[Skimmertalk] Red Pitaya Woes at EL2BG

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Apr 22 08:56:21 EDT 2019

I really thought that we might be past the worst of our problems at
EL2BG, but not yet.  Last Friday, he reported that the "heartbeat" on
the Red Pitaya was no longer blinking.  Today, I logged on with
Teamviewer, and to my surprise Skimserv was running and seemed
completely normal.  It correctly identified the receiver and showed
decoders on several bands, as well as 21 spots in the last 30 minutes.
However, there was nothing other than normal "check-in" spots showing on
Aggregator's Skimmer traffic tab. Moreover, the Red Pitaya did not
appear on the EL2BG router's DHCP list.

I have experienced the problem of the "heartbeat" not starting when
applying power to the Red Pitaya, but it has always responded to a
further power cycle or two.

Any trouble-shooting ideas?  Why does Skimserv think it has been sending
spots to the Agg when the Agg doesn't log them?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network