[Skimmertalk] HamSCI Meeting - March 22-23, 2019 @ Case Western Reserve University

Nathaniel Frissell nafrissell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:56:14 EST 2019

Hi Skimmertalk,

I’d like to invite you to come to the HamSCI meeting this March 22-23, 2019 at Case Western Reserve University. This is a citizen science meeting that brings together the ham radio and the professional space/ionospheric science communities. We are looking for both general participants and presenters, so please consider this opportunity to come spend this weekend to discuss propagation, ionospheric effects, and how we can better study these things in the future.

We have an excellent lineup of keynote speakers, including Ward Silver, N0AX, Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA, and Dr. Larisa Goncharenko of the MIT Haystack Observatory. There will be heavy involvement from TAPR, who is working with HamSCI to develop a personal space weather station.

As you may know, we have already published scientific results using data gathered by the RBN and WSPRNet in peer-reviewed journals. This includes results from the solar eclipse QSO party <https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GL077324>,  solar flare and storm impacts to RBN and WSPRNet during Sept 2017 <https://doi.org/10.1029/2018SW002008>  and HF propagation observed from space during Field Day <https://doi.org/10.1029/2017RS006496>.  By participating in the HamSCI meeting, you will have the opportunity to give further input to the direction of this research.

More information on the meeting can be found here: http://hamsci.org/hamsci2019 <http://hamsci.org/hamsci2019>

Also, I’m looking for some people to demonstrate an RBN receive node in the demo room. If you are intested in doing this, please let me know. Thanks!

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
Assistant Research Professor
HamSCI Lead (hamsci.org <http://hamsci.org/>)