[Skimmertalk] FT8StartUp Beta Version 2.2b1

dd5xx at web.de dd5xx at web.de
Fri Jul 26 14:14:04 EDT 2019

Hi all,

not related exactly to what Lee mentioned, but something similar I experienced:

Very often I see spots on RBN like JO40PA which appear as DXCC "Japan". I know for sure that this happens because the identified stations are beacons which send also its maidenhead locator, I have checked and identified this issue. In this example the locator JO40PA was logged as a callsign and thus appears on RBN. This occurs on skimmers who are skimming also for beacons. I see this often happen on bands 10m or 6m. Currently I am developing a WebCluster interface and because I wanted to get rid of those false spots I have integrated a regex filter for them. It could be implemented easily on RBN network too I guess, just a suggestion for anyone who care about. It's a simple regex one line in Javascript.

73
Saki, DD5XX