[Skimmertalk] WSJT-X/FT8 skimming: high PC CPU utilization limiting count of spots

Dai NAGAKURA ndai at cameo.plala.or.jp
Sun Jul 28 17:22:24 EDT 2019

I had  compared RTTY activity the other day from Spots.txt
on same month (May)  ,in  2015 (before FT8)   and 2019 (after FT8 ) .

May /2015
http://59925.org/sh5/jf2iwl/2015/2015_may_rtty_skimmer_result_jf2iwl_s/index.htm
Operating time 743:02 (44582 min.)
Break time 534:01 (32041 min., 71.87 %)
QSOs 15,168
Unique callsigns 2,278
Kilometers per QSO 6,057 km
Countries 124

May 2019
http://59925.org/sh5/jf2iwl/2019/2019_may_rtty_skimmer_reception_report_jf2iwl_s/index.htm
Participation time 738:43 (44323 min.)
Break time 711:28 (42688 min., 96.31 %)
Operating time 27:15 (1635 min.)
QSOs 1,928
Unique callsigns 300
Kilometers per QSO 3,771 km
Countries 46

Although solar activity has become smaller, RTTY45 activity went too scarce.
So now  I run RTTY SkimServ only on the RTTY contest.

Dai JF2IWL

--
Dai NAGAKURA <ndai at cameo.plala.or.jp>