[Skimmertalk] Fwd: Red Pitaya STEMlab SDR 122-16 now online at N6TV

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 5 01:00:08 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:19 PM Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com> wrote:

> Specific to RTTY skimming, when looking for a processor the most
> important criteria is the floating point capability.  CPUs that have
> fine and super fact logic facilities but poor FPU will struggle in RTTY
> skimming.

So how do we look that up?

When I built my system for RTTY skimming last fall I picked the AMD
> 2700x as a lower cost alternative to the similar Intel 6-core option and
> subsequent testing in RTTY contest loads has shown it to have enough
> horsepower for the task.

I found two "AMD 2700x" processors listed here:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
<https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Ryzen+7+2700X&id=3238>
Passmark  16982
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 2700X
<https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Ryzen+7+PRO+2700X&id=3292>
Passmark
17161

Which must mean they are about 70% faster than the Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz
that I'm using.  How many bands are you skimming for RTTY?

73,
Bob, N6TV