[Skimmertalk] Number in suffix

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon May 13 11:56:08 EDT 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 8:21 AM N4ZR <n4zr at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just tested spotting 8N3G20 on a DXSpider and a VE7CC cluster.  DXSpider
> let it through, while VE7CC did not.  I just finished updating N1MM+'s
> cluster list, and in the process discovered that a majority of clusters
> worldwide are using DXSpider, That suggests to me that the impact of *not*
> adding this pattern on spotting of the station will be relatively small.

As written, these statements seem to contradict each other.  If most
clusters use DXSpider, and DXSpider lets 8N3G20 through OK, then the impact
of *not* adding a pattern for the special callsigns will be relatively
LARGE, because then 8N3G20 and the others will NEVER be spotted by *any*
skimmer cluster.  This doesn't seem right to me.

73,
Bob, N6TV