[Skimmertalk] RU9CZD skimmer QS1R died in the recent thunderstorm. Help needed.

Jeffrey Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Wed Sep 15 15:36:46 EDT 2021

At PJ2T, we’ve standardized on the DX Engineering HD-5000HD receiver protection devices.

Here is a link to an article done by Jim W8WTS, comparing the old DEO RG-2000U device sold by Universal Radio and the DXE RG-5000 device (slightly older design than the current HD-5000HD. Both are still available.)

http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/W8WTS_Comparison_RG-2000_RG-5000.pd <http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/W8WTS_Comparison_RG-2000_RG-5000.pdf>

73,  Jeff  K8ND