[Skimmertalk] Leo Bodnar - Redpitaya

Björn Ekelund bjorn at ekelund.nu
Sat Apr 20 16:19:50 EDT 2024

There are descriptions online on how to modify the Red Pitaya board for an
external frequency reference.
You will however sacrifice some receiver performance since the GPSDO has
much worse phase noise than the original
one but you will of course get better accuracy. Myself, I instead use my
GPSDO to calibrate <https://sm7iun.se/rbn/calibration/> my skimmer.
With reasonably stable temperature in my shack, I only have to do that once
every few months.
It's super easy using, for instance, HPSDR.

Björn SM7IUN