Again .... Omni series vint

Chuck Brudtkuhl cbrudtk@ntsqm1_out.mnet.uswest.com
22 Aug 1996 13:37:31 -0600

I read with interest the confusion around the various Omni alpha suffix
designations.  I thought I had it all figured out prior to reading the
discussion and was "relieved" when someone finally agreed with me.  BUT...
maybe I missed something here, or it is just the day of the week...but I am
confused agn.

Omni A  (Model 545) (analog version of Omni-D)
Omni D  (Model 546) (digital version of Omni-A)
Omni B       next vintage of the A or D?
Omni C       final vintage of this series

But what about the following:

Omni A, Series B  (Model 545 Series B)
Omni D, Series B  (Model 546 Series B)
 Are these really digital and analog versions of an Omni-B, or was the Omni-B
a seperate radio ????

Omni D, Series C  (Model 546 Series C)
 Is this really an Omni-C, or was the Omni-C a seperate radio?  (I have an
"Omni-C" and will have to check the manual again tonight to see what it says
it is called)

73, Chuck
WA0ROI