[Fwd: New Lubricant idea for Scout PTO]

Marc Pressman mapn4dr@erols.com
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 21:10:56 -0500

Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 21:48:37 -0500
From: Marc Pressman <mapn4dr@erols.com>
To: tentec-request@akorn.net
Subject: New Lubricant idea for Scout PTO

I have enjoyed my Scout very much and have talked with several local
hams who have given me suggestions for lubrication the PTO drive shaft.
I have used white lithium grease, which is available at Auto supply
stores. It comes in a spray can, and one can spray it on a piece of
paper and then transfer small amounts very precisely using a toothpick
or  other small instrument. Unlike silicone grease it sticks very well
to the shaft, does not drip, and greatly improves the ease of PTO
tuning. I have greatly improved the smoothness of tuning using this
method.  Good luck!
Marc Pressman N4DR

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html