Centaur 411 Amp

RD501@aol.com RD501@aol.com
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 23:06:04 -0500

Hello. I am the proud owner of a brand new Centaur.  It is very VERY nice amp
- beautiful QSK on CW!   It is a good size and looks nice sitting next to my
rig.  I've received good signal reports on SSB, AM, and even FM on 10 m.

I have one question though ...

When I drive the amp in CW mode with 150 ma grid current and around 500 ma of
plate current, the wattmeter flys off the scale when you switch to "Forward".
 To get the forward down to 600 watts, you have to cut the drive way back to
around 75 ma grid, 250 ma plate.  I'm only driving the amp with 70 watts or
so from my transceiver.

Is my meter calibration off?  Anyone else out there experience this?  Any
thoughts?

Thanks

73s

Bob Dianetti, WB2JGH