Questions about the new QRP CW transceivers

Bryan King kingbp@ka1fqt.mv.com
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 19:37:55 -0500

I read the recent article in the December issue of CQ about the new QRP =
kits and have a few more questions mostly pertaining to the rear panel =
connections.

1)  What type of antenna jack does this have on the back?  I'm assuming =
an SO-239.
2)  What type of keyer/key jack does it have?
3)  What type of power jack/connector does it have?
4)  Even though this unit requires only 12 volts and only 800 ma of =
power on transmit,  would it be suitable to use a non-regulated power =
supply?  (e.g. a Radio Shack  12 volt AC to DC power supply).  Or would =
it be best to use a 12 volt battery?
5)  Are there any other rear panel jacks or controls? =20
6)  Is the sidetone adjustable?  How and where is the adjustment?
7)  Is the 50Khz range adjustable?  Supposed I wanted to initially set =
it up for the 40m Novice subband and then later wanted to move it to the =
lower portion of the General CW band, could this easily be accomplished?
8)  How much does the unit weigh?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Bryan
KA1FQT