Calling all cars...

Ten-Tec Inc. sales@tentec.com
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:46:46 Eastern Standard Time

Greetings from the Ten-Tec factory in Sevierville, TN.

It has been more than a month since the last "general news" posting
from Ten-Tec.  Thanks for the calls, e-mail, letters, etc., from
all of you during this busy holiday season.  We had another
great year and THANK YOU from all 100 of us for your support.

News:
Wanna be loud?
We are still taking orders for the run of gold Titan amplifiers, to
be built in January, February, and March.  We are currently taking orders
for delivery at the end of March.  No cash deposit required to place an
order.  These Titans will be identical to the last ones built, using
Eimac 3CX800 tubes.  The warranty for the Titan is 3 years, except for
the tubes which are warrantied separately by Eimac.

Effective today, we are increasing the price of the 216-220, and 282-288
accessory crystal filters for our transceivers to $89.00.  We absorbed
four price increases in the last four years from our supplier but this
time we have no choice but to raise the retail price.  No price
changes for any other amateur radio equipment are anticipated.

QRP TRANSCEIVER KITS:
We had hoped, with the best of intentions, to have the 40 meter version
available before Christmas time.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  See the
following message for more information regarding the QRP kits.

Speaking of kits, we have more kits around the corner for the spring and
summer - stay tuned.  Also, we are continuing our club discount program
for kits.  Any bona fide amateur radio club or organization is welcome to
submit an order.  We have three requirements:  Minimum $500 order (before
discount), paid by one source, shipped to one address.  We offer a 10%
discount plus free shipping for club orders meeting these criteria.  This
offer applies to kits and metal enclosures only.

Our new, redesigned web page has been up a few weeks now at
<http://www.tentec.com> - we will continue to update the web page after
the first of the year.  Suggestions for what you would like to see there
are always welcome.  Inquiries to Ten-Tec can be directed to
<sales@tentec.com> - please remember that we do not handle repair, parts,
or kit building tech support via e-mail.

Ten-Tec will be closed for the holidays on 12/24, 12/25 and 1/1.  Thanks
again and best wishes to all for a happy new year.  Come on sunspots!

73
Scott Robbins W4PA
Ten-Tec

--