Solid State HF amp kits?

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 08:51:40 -0500 (EST)

> There's already some small companies offering similar solid state HF
> amp kits. I'd like to see Ten-Tec add such an amp to its kit line.

Yes. There's even a kid in Myrtle Beach NC. who sells a SS amp kit and I
hear he is doing rather well even though they are rather crude.

A kit in modular form would be nice. Make the amp itself in "brick" form
then allow the purchase of I/O filters for each band like the Scout. A
building block type kit would be ideal. First, a cabinet with relays,
meters, etc. Then a 500w brick and one I/O filter. Then later, an extra
500w brick and more filters. Don't worry about size. Hams like big stuff
with lots of blinking lights and meters.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html