Centaur 411

RD501@aol.com RD501@aol.com
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 23:27:24 -0500

Hello Duane.  Thanks for publishing the test results you ran on your new
Centaur.  I also have a new Centaur, and am questioning some of the results
I'm getting with the unit.

I haven't had any arcing like you have, but my output is more on the order of
400 watts.  I seem to be having problems with the SWR between my rig and the
amp - in some cases it is over 3 to 1, so I can't get enough drive.  Ten-Tec
sent me a new input board, but except for slight improvement on 40 meters, it
hasn't made any difference.  Short of packaging the unit up and sending it
back to the factory, I'm at a loss at this point.  Any ideas?

73s
Bob WB2JGH

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html