FOUND: VFO for my Omni-D

Ronald D Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:05:05 -0500

I have seen a high interest in the external VFOs for older Ten-Tec rigs.  I spent a year trying to get one.  I was limiting my search to a 243 specifically for the Omni-D.  That was not based on having a matching set, but on ignorance of the compatibility of the various available VFOs with my rig.  What I ended up with was the 263 VFO meant for the Corsair.  It works great with the Omni-D. I could have broadened my search earlier had I known.  Does someone out there know what the compatibility matrix is?  This would be a good bit of information to have.

Can you believe that using 100% US Mail I (with the seller's help) achieved a single weekend turnaround time?  I mailed a check from Vermont late Friday morning to Texas.  The check arrived Saturday morning.  The VFO shipped Saturday afternoon following receipt of the check.  The VFO was at my door with Monday's mail.  Of course it cost a bit to ExpressMail the check, but the cost of Priority shipment was very reasonable (8# = $10.40).  I wanted to have the unit for ARRL DX this coming weekend.  Now I have a few days to play with it first.

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><