Omni VI IMD modification questions..

Dale Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:39:56 -0500

Jim,

I haven't yet done the IMD mod, but I plan to do so for a couple of reasons:

This is a mod Ten-Tec felt strongly enough about to send me the instructions
and parts to do the job.

This is a good radio and shoule reflect the latest and greatest Ten-Tec has
to make it a better, more state-of-the-art radio.

It's easy to do.  I probably won't mess too much up getting the job done.

If it doesn't show any significant difference, I am not out anything but a little
time and solder.  If it does, so much the better.

Also, someone alluded to that fact that your radio may not need it where
it is presently located.  However, should a move or sale take place which
puts in in a situation where the IMD mod is a player, then you are ahead of
the game by having done it before losing the parts/documentation.

Finally, you can use it as a selling point when you decide to part with the
radio

"Oh yeah. This radio has the IMD mod installed. That'll be $!00 more, pleae."

73,
Dale, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u