Omni VI

Del Seay seay@alaska.net
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:14:59 -0700

Kok Chen wrote:

> Dear Ten-Tec,
>
> I love my Omni-VI.
>
> But I have a problem which perhaps you could help with.
>
> On 20m, my Omni VI seems to put out an excessive amount of
> third harmonics (in the 42 MHz region).  Is there something
> I can do about this?
>
> 2nd harmonics from 15m, and 6th harmonics from 40m, which
> falls also in this 42 MHz region seems low.
>
> Thanks in advance and 73
>
> Kok Chen, AA6TY                  kchen@apple.com
> Apple Computer, Inc.

Hello Kok. What are the levels you measured on the various harmonics,
and what method did you use.
In linear service, there is an inherant attenuation of harmonic energy.
In addition, TenTec uses good, solid bandpass filtering out of the
amplifiers. I would suspect you may be running into the non-linear
portion of the PA, causing some IMD products. If that is the case, a
check with the engineers at TenTec is in order.
Keep us informed, please!  de KL7HF