OMNI-D tuning knob problem

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 20:03:23 -0700

> My old OMNI-D has a problem when I turn the tuning knob
> counter-clockwise (down frequency).  At one recurring place in the
> rotation the frequency moves back up 200-400 Hz when I take my hand

Hi Jim:

Common.  It is the PTO backlash.  It is too tight in there.  I
suggest a PTO rebuild kit from Ten Tec, just $14 or something, then
you can clean it all up and tighten it down just right for your
own tastes.  These rebuilds take a certain touch, you need to be
patient and ready to do it a few times to get it just right, but
it can be done, and it is rewarding.

Clark
WA3JPG