Omni VI filter ringing and "sleep" in CW TX?

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:55:54 -0800

Just curious, what are the problems I have seen mentioned here:

1.  filter ringing ;
2.  "sleep" during CW TX.

I have a newer OMNI VI, and maybe the design is a bit different?
I experience almost no ringing (nothing the least bit troublesome -
from a guy who hates the little relay noise :-).  I have used
250 Hz filters in both IF's but recently went to a 500 Hz in the
NAR position as it is a bit more pleasant to tune with the PBT.
Neither combination is a problem.   I have never
noticed anything unusual when I have a long transmission in CW
either.

Just curious.

Clark
WA3JPG