Election day greetings

Ten-Tec, Inc. 74130.212@CompuServe.COM
05 Nov 96 16:19:52 EST

Hello all from the Ten-Tec factory in Sevierville.  It has been a
while since my last general posting about what is happening in the
immediate future at Ten-Tec.

So, without further ado...

We have continued to have lots of inquiries about the QRP HF CW
transceiver kits.  The 40 meter version will be out first, around
December 1.  30 will be next, followed by 20 and 80 shortly thereafter.
We will make every effort to have all four in stock by Christmas time.
Price again is $95 each plus shipping.  We do not have a printed spec
sheet yet, but I am continuing to collect names/addresses and will
send one out as soon as available (late November).

The new 1230 220 MHz FM transceiver kit is now in stock.

Shipments of the new Centaur HF linear amplifier continue after a
short delay to print a manual addendum.  These are also in stock.
Listen for PA3DZN from somewhere in Africa for CQ WW  - he'll be
sporting one from the very first production run.

We will be doing the Titan Gold amplifier run in January and February.
We are continuing to take orders for these amplifiers - contact us if
you are interested.

Notes on shipping, mail, and telephones:  As we enter the Xmas season,
(meaning right now) UPS starts to slow up a little on delivery time
due to heavy volume.  Please keep this in mind!  A reminder again that
the area code in east Tennessee is now 423.  Calls dialed to our
numbers with 615 will give you a disconnected message.  It was noted on
rec.radio.swap last week that we were apparently out of business
after someone couldn't reach us!  Unfortunately we have 25 years
worth of manuals, advertising, and literature floating around with the
old area code and that doesn't help.  U.S. mail: Ah, the mail.
If you are sending anything by mail to Sevierville (or anywhere
serviced by the Knoxville mail sorting facility) be prepared to wait
for us to get it.  If you absolutely, positively (pun intended) have
to get it here right away, use FedEx, UPS, or a similar carrier.

Thanks again for your support.  Thanks to Bill Fisher KM9P and
Akorn Access for making the Ten-Tec reflector a reality.
As Tom Salvetti, KC3NF (Ten-Tec VP) said this morning:
"Don't forget to vote early....and often."

73 Scott Robbins KY2P, Ten-Tec Customer Service

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html