Triton 4

Robert A. Schill n9zz@juno.com
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 10:29:54 EST

Hi,
This is my first posting to this reflector.  I am not quite sure my
posting is what is expected here so if I have stepped out of line just
let me know.

My name is Bob, N9ZZ, in Mountain Home, Arkansas.  I have the Triton 4
here which has been giving me fits for some time now.  Only on 40 and 80
meters does it lose power...20 mtrs and up are ok.  It will load up just
fine and the LED will light just like it should and it puts our 100 watts
of power on 40 & 80.  Then send for a few minutes and the power level
drops to idle current on the amp meter.  I have adjusted the linkage all
sorts of ways behind the front panel and so far haven't found the magic
setting.  I can't believe that it is that critical.  I have sprayed all
the wafer switches with contact cleaner and still no change.  I'm sure it
is a simple problem but so far has eluded my efforts for about a year or
so now.  Also the now the RIT started drifting and haven't done anything
with that yet...first things first.

I would really be appreciative of any help or suggestions if any.  I have
the 160 converter for it and it would make a great rig on qrp on all
bands as well as a super qro rig on all but the 160 meters.  I am the
original owner and no mods have been made.  Maybe it is just getting old
and tired???

If there is help available, please let me know.  I would like to be able
to fix it myself because the freight to and from Ten Tec added to the
service charges get quite costly and I would like to avoid that if
possible.

I also run the Argonaut 515 here and it is just super, but not quite as
old but close.

Thanks in advance,

73s
Bob Schill  N9ZZ
Mountain Home, Arkansas
ARCI QRP # 4744, MI QRP #266, AR QRP #1, QRP-L #705, ARS #189
E-Mail address  :  N9ZZ@juno.com
Packet address:  N9ZZ @ N0KFQ.#SWMO.MO.USA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html