KR-50 Keyers

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 21:55:23 -0500 (EST)

> disappointed when I discovered the noisy relay.  The constant clicking kind
> of distracts from what is other wise seamless QSK operation so
> characteristic of Ten Tec.

Pshaw. I've been using a KR-40 for 23 years now and learned to love those
little clicks. The snappy feel of the magnetic springs and positive
response from the relay enhance my sense of timming. Now for a super quite
relay, check the Allied or Newark catalogs for a Mercury Wetted Reed
Relay (try saying that 3 times real fast). These relays are amost totally
silent, fast and can handle much more current than the dry reed relays.
The down side is expense, about $16 and the fact that they must be kept
with about 30 degrees of vertical.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html