250 hz filter in TT OMNI V

Brien Pepperdine pepperb@gov.on.ca
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:00:31 -0500 (EST)

In my OMNI V I have the 500 hz filter in the first IF (the place that has
facility for 4 filters) and the 250 hz in the second IF (the place that
allows only one filter, nominally called 'narrow' I think).

Any opinions on what I would experience if I bought the 250 hz filter for
the first IF? Will I use it all the time, or it and the 2nd IF 250 hz
filter? How much attenuation on the first IF filter by itself and in
combination with the 2nd IF 250 hz filter.

So far I find the 2nd IF filter at 250 hz is quite fine by itself, but if
it is felt I can defeat more noise/interference if I put the first IF at a
250 hz filter width, I will do so. I just don't want to achieve 'not much
difference' nor do I want to suffer unreasonable attenuation.

I think I found the 250 hz filter when I had it in my OMNI C gave too much
attenuation, and I put the 500 hz one back in. Putting the 250 hz in the
OMNI V however I found the attenuation to be not too bad.

Brien
Toronto
pepperb@gov.on.ca

--