Scout Help!

Mark Libner-GUSR32 Mark_Libner-GUSR32@email.mot.com
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 7:34:00 -0500

     Before I send my 2 month old Scout into Ten-Tec for service I though I
     ask the experts here. Do I have a real problem or just a limitation of
     the PTO in the Scout. Here goes:

     When tuning the Scout, if I keep the PTO turning in the same direction
     everything is OK. I can stop on a frequency and move on to other
     without any issue. If I stop however and change directions, either up
     or down the band, the PTO jumps in frequency 200 to 300 hertz in the
     last direction it was turned.

     At first I though it was backlash in the screw assembly but I do not
     feel any mechanical movement. The actual frequency of the radio is
     moving - not just a counter issue. 200 Hz. is very recognizable in the
     audio.

     I use this radio only in the mobile. It is mounted vertically using
     the Ten-Tec bracket and a small wood block under the back of the
     radio, resting on the mounting bracket, to keep the weight off the
     power and coax connectors.

     Please help if you have seen this before and I hopefully have
     something that Tec-Tec or I can correct. Fine turning this radio in
     the mobile is a real pain in the - - -.

     Thanks,

     Mark Libner (NS9N)
     847-480-4427