Scout/Argo 556 mods??

Jeff Casey WB5GWB@sprynet.com
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 18:24:40 -0700

Ten-Tec'ers,
I've been "scouting" for a while for useful modifications or add-ons for the
Scout 555 and/or Argo 556.  I asked about this on the QRP-L list (where people
modify everything in sight :-) and got very few responses.  Of course, this
speaks well for the rigs.  However, there must be ideas that people have come up
with for customizing the rigs or overcoming some of their quirks...?

I've done some minor mods to my Scout, such as adding an external power switch,
and adding an internal connector so that I can bypass the final PA to make it
temporarily a QRP Argo.

If I get many responses, I'll post a summary to the list.

Thanks and 73,
Jeff
Jeff T. Casey  /  WB5GWB  /  Long Island, NY  /  ARCI  ARRL  ARS  QRP-L

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html