[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec Digest V1 #147 -Reply

Roger Sellers rsellers@mail.rkd.snds.com
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:44:56 -0500

Hi Ron,
   The RS-232 board for a Paragon can be used for computer control of
the radio. Software for the Paragon does exist but ... it only runs in DOS
mode and seems to be only available from one or two sources. I have a
Paragon, the RS-232 board and the DOS software. The software does
work reasonably well, but I do wish it worked in Windows as it throws
my Win95 machine into a single DOS screen mode and I can't do anything
else when I run the software.
    There may be other things to do with the board but I have seen very
little info available. I too would be interested if and how the RS-232 board
can be used for other things.
73,
Roger Sellers  KB9LBU
email: rsellers@snds.com

>>> <K5PN%aol.com@internet.rkd.snds.com> 08/05/97 08:26am >>>
Just curious...Since I am a Ten Tec Owner Want-to-be, why does the
Paragon need a RS232 board...Or put another way, what is he going to
do with it? Do the Ten Tec's not come with an 'accessory' jack similar to
the Kenwoods that will allow interfacing with a computer for rig control?
How expensive is the board?
Thanks,
Ron
-