[TenTec] OMNI VI Plus upgrade

JAMES T BRANNIGAN FSWF37A@prodigy.com
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:34:51, -0500

I finally received the long awaited phone call from TT "send it in
for your option 3 upgrade"

I brought it down to the local Mailbox place last weekend ....and
there it languishes.....for lack of a UPS truck to pick it up...
I called the Mailbox place and the fellow said to give it few days
and see what happens with the strike...
I called TT and a very nice women said hang on, DON'T send it US mail
and FEDEX is uncertain..
The woman assured me that I would not lose my place in line. I
thanked her and said that they must be going nuts trying to run a
mail order business with UPS on strike...The woman said that they
were coping, but she couldn't believe the number of RUDE phone calls
she was getting, people hollering and yelling at the TT operators
because they could not get what they had ordered......

I'm really surprised at my fellow hams.....in my experience the TT
people have always been courteous and helpful, they are not
responsible for the strike and there is no reason to take it out on
them.

I'm sure it wasn't anyone here on the reflector.

Impatiently waiting,
Jim WB2TPS