[TenTec] Gain option first if omni vI

Walter D Amos k8cv@juno.com
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 14:46:54 GMT

Here goes my foot into my mouth..............

Look at 4-13 / 4-14 schematic, use a ohm meter , check out the pin paths!

Pin one ( 1 ) is supposed to be closest to the filter, it is not on my
board, Pin 3 is! It goes to D-12 through an 88 ohm resistor , the pin
farthest from the filter measures 1 ohm and goes to D-11. I got most gain
using the supposedly SSB pins, i e center to farthest from filter.

I called Ten-Tec at the time and was told they put in the filter and
listen to the radio and put the option plug where they get the most gain.
go figure...........

Your board may be different.........

Your milage may vary.........

Walt K8CV