[TenTec] this amp thing....

bames@mecasw.com bames@mecasw.com
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:30:48 -0400

>Well yes of course that true. But not many want to buy a 500 watt +
amplifier just to get a 5w qrp rig >to 50 watts but of course it'll work
and is the only legal way. However, your original question was >about a
50-70 W output amplifier and this is a 500 W amp. AND I might add there are
plenty of CB'ers >that are running well over a KW some use a 5W rig into a
500W amp to get the first 50W and then drive >another amp with that one. I
don't thing that this rule has really helped CB. Those that want to
>operate super power can find a way even if illegal. It's only made Ham
Radio more
>complex.  73 Jim K4CGY

Well, then the point is that I can buy an amp that has 50 out for 10 or so
in. Now why dosen't that violate
the FCC rules?

Bill Ames
KB1LG