[TenTec] Re: OMNI VI crystal oven

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:03:30 -0700

> How stable is your frequency counter?  Since the master oscillator
> is at 10MHz, I'd be more inclined to beat it with WWV to get an
> idea of the overall stability.  Of course, if you don't know
> which side of WWV you're on, you can't tell whether it is drifting
> up or down, but that may not be a problem if it proves to be
> very stable.

Thanks for the note, Dana.  I use the Startek Counter, it claims
a 1 ppm tcxo timebase and other wonderful things.  I am going for
the direct output of the master oscillator on the logic board,
connector number 88, and see if that thing moves first.  If that
doesn't move much, the BFO is next.  I'll post anything interesting.

Clark