[TenTec] OMNI VI crystal oven stability

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:15:29 -0400

Just some rambling thoughts......

Do you keep the power supply turned on at all times inorder to keep that
oven
warm? Seems to me that if you did then the 3 minute warm up would be a
mute point.
How about leaving the power on all night with the radio off and running
this test again?
60hz drift sounds about righ if these were the conditions. If not then I
would say there is a problem.

I also wonder about the effects of voltage regulation on that oven.
Would it make sense to check the warm up drift of your power supply and
see if it follows the same pattern?
Of course, we assume the counter isn't drifting. I've got one of those
same types and it's really stable so that's probably not the problem.

I've got a digital thermometer from Radio Shack here. What could we
learn from fastening the outdoor probe to the oven? Maybe we could
measure the efffects of
voltage vs. temp.

N4LQ