[TenTec] Headphones

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 09:43:45 -0400

May I suggest you find two pair of  regular stereo headphones which have
the mono/stereo switch and volume controls for each ear. This will allow
maximum flexibility. You can each control the volume to suit and the
switch will allow you to use them on any rig. I saw some being sold
recently at a hamfest for $9.95 each.

The impedance isn't going to matter much since TenTec has a resistor in
series with the headphone jack to help guard against ear dammage. 600
ohms is way out of spec though. The manual calls for 8 to 16 ohms.

73 Steve N4LQ