[TenTec] Argo 509 Mods

Geoffrey S. Mendelson geoffm@cs.huji.ac.il
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:41:33 +0300 (IDT)

Don Culpepper, KF4DQD asked:

>Since my Argo 509 is now spending some quality time (I hope) back home
>at Ten-Tec, does anyone know of any mods for an Argonaut 509?

The simplest is to replace the dual gate MOSFET in the front end with a
3N211. This does require some re-alignment.

The mod consists of unsoldering the old MOSFET, inserting the 3n211 the
exact same way and tweaking the alignment.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson  (4X/N3OWJ), Senior Programmer
Computer Science Institute, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel