[TenTec] 238 Antenna Tuner

Reid W Simmons Reid_W_Simmons@ccm2.hf.intel.com
Fri, 22 Aug 97 14:00:00 PDT

   I would like some information on the 238 tuner.  I have an old Ten-Tec
   catalog which seems to have conflicting information on this model.  I would
   like to get a an "L" network that matches my OMNI VI Line for use with a lone
   (random) wire antenna.  The familiar "T" match circuits of antenna tuners
   have problems.

   1)  Is the frequency coverage 1.8 - 30 MHz  or  is it 1.8 - 20 MHz?

   2)  Is the Inductance 28uH or 19 uH?

   3)  Is the circuit a configurable "L", or is it a fixed circuit?

   4)  What is the current price?

   5)  Is anyone out there using one of these that can comment on it?

   Please send responses to:  rsimmons@triax.com

   Thanks.

   Reid, K7YX