[TenTec] "Dial-Honey" Instructions

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:05:49 -0400

Jack:

You must tear down the entire PTO, clean the old grease off and
resassemble it. It's a rather intricate job. You really should have the
instruction sheet that comes with the $25 PTO rebuild kit. Their grease
is ok but I used some thick silicon grease that seems smoother. Maybe
the factory will fax you a copy of the instructions. Just be sure to
allow plenty of room on the table to lay out the parts in some order.
Write down some notes about the wires you disconnect. Putting the dial
plate back on is really tricky. I used a heavy thread to hold the
hairpin open while I sneaked the beast back on the shaft.

Good Luck
You'll need it.

Steve N4LQ