[TenTec] Getting service for a Ten-Tec?

Steve Massey N6TT@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 23:06:10 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: NW9G <nw9g@netusa1.net>
To: Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG <turner@safety.ics.uci.edu>
Cc: NW9G <nw9g@netusa1.net>; tentec@contesting.com <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Saturday, December 06, 1997 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Getting service for a Ten-Tec?

>At 05:23 PM 12/6/97 -0800, Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG wrote:
>>Now, I was not there so I don't know if it is all true, maybe
>>you know this guy is trolling to find Ten Tec fans and get them
>>going?  Do let me know if you think this is what is going on.
>>
>>I will assume that the guy is telling the truth about the following....
>>1.  that the guy wrote to Ten Tec via email several times, no reponse;
>>2.  telephoned and was promised a call back with no response;
>>3.  then wrote via US mail and got no response in two weeks.
>>He clearly does not know Ten Tec protocol, but is this the way
>>it should be handled if it is all true?
>>
>>Clark
>>WA3JPG
>>

>Clark, you may be right, but after having Kenwood totally destroy a rig
>that I had
>shipped to them for repair and nearly taking them to court and getting the
>BBB
>involved, I will certainly defend any company that treats me like they are
in
>service to me.
> I clearly don't know that gentleman's motives but I think that he will
have
>a huge rush of Ten Tec defenders ready and willing to come to the cause.
> I find that there is a certain warm feeling that all Ten Tec lovers share.
>Come on guys, you know who you are and you know what I am talking about.
>When I
>ragchew with someone on 40 or 80 cw, I always ask what equiptment they are
>running
>and in hopes of having a qso about "our" Ten Tec gear.  I usually don't
>have to
>look far or very hard to find these well rounded people.  Funny thing is,
>you won't
>find these type of loyal people among the Jap ranks.  At least if there
>are, I
>don't see them in the numbers like you find with the TT boys.
>Happy Ten Tec'n people.....Steve...NW9G
>
>P.S.,  The only good Kenwood is a dead one.......!!!    (bad taste??)

Wait a minute, first all this guy did not post this on the TT reflector
trolling for support, this msg came via the rec.misc, I saw the orginal msg
as did Clark....Let me first say I have been a TT fan for many years, and
still am ( Heck look at my call N6Ten-Tec :-)
I too have had a few pleasant experiences with them, they are good old
country type boys that try hard.....On the flip side of the coin I also have
had many horriable experiences with them....Let me see once they promise to
send me the parts so that I could build a 301, parts never came, no call, I
let it go.....Then I ordered a rack to mount my OMNI 6/Titan 425 and auto
tuner in...Took 2 plus months, Ok thats understandable but was assured the
rack was mailed right before Dayton, I waited it never came.....When it did
come it was pure luck I got it cause they had demolited the old house and I
knew the carrier. that was after giving them my   new address....then lets
see two weeks ago I trouble shot a bad board in my OMNI 6 with the help of
the service dept, I though cool not being a technical guy I was happy
because I would get the board before the CQWW CW....Well the CQWW came and
when , no board so i called them again and they said Oh we dont have that
board in stock. I said what, why didnt you at least call me, they say we
didnt have your phone number so we sent a card....I say well I didnt get the
card and you must have my phone Ive bought 1000 of dollars worth of your
equipment..... I hang up set and start packing the rig, when I get a call
back saying guess what we have a board (Wonder how they got my phone number
:-) ...This is the TT reflector, we are all here because we like TT and they
usually provide good service, but there is the flip side of the coin and I
have know reason to doubt this man , as He has nothing to gain, but is very
frustrated....I can atest to that..
Im glad someone jogged my memory about Tom who repairs TT and lives in my
area.
Oh yea the card finally came, seems it was mailed the day I called.....

Steve N6TT---- A Ten-Tec lover, but glad to have my reliable FT1000D
especially after making careful comparisions.....Im 100% CW , QRQ 34 yrs
guys !

Sorry just had to get my 2 cents in, Im back to the listening mode !

http://www.Telegraph-Wireless.com

Under construction !