[TenTec] FT-1000D

Steve Massey N6TT@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:50:38 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Robson <crobson@erie.net>
To: tentec@contesting.com <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 09, 1997 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FT-1000D

> But a guy pointed out to me and said have you ever noticed when
>>a TT rig is listed it says just back from the factory?  My orginal post
was
>>to show the flip side of the coin on TT service, thats after owning many
TT
>>thru-out the years and alot of personal experiences....
>

>I guess Ten Tec makes it too easy to have their customer sends back their
>radios. I find most other hams running other equipment just wait six months
>and buy the next version of the same radio with all the bug fixes and
>"chick, ching" another $1500.00 to $2000.00. I quess we hams with less than
>20 years(19 years and counting) in the hobby are just appliance ops.(Sorry,
>like I said this morning, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.). By the
>way I have also owned Kenwood, Icom, and Yaesu gear.  I prefer Ten Tec,
>Period.
>
>73, Chris KB3A

Chris , Im an appliance op too :-)  And have owned TT many years, Best part
is they are American Made ! Since I chimed in on the orginal post about
Ten-Tec service I had them turn around a ONMI 6 plus from CA to TN  in six
days with NC for the service.....
Praise should be giving, now thats the other side of the coin :-) Sevice was
outstanding and unexpected..

Happy holidays,

Steve N6TT