[TenTec] OMNI V 1.8 khz filter

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:28:36 -0800

> What's the TT nomenclature for the above SSB filter? Where does one find
> this filter for this out-of-production xcvr and at what price?

You are new, hi hi.  Ten Tec still makes filter for the same IF's
for some long time now, so "out of production" is not as frightening
as for many of the other brands.

The OMNI V is one of two Ten Tec transceivers I have never owned.
However, I believe you have two choices as in the OMNI VI, the
NAR button will give you an extra filter in the 1st IF (9 MHz)
and the 1.8 button will give you an extra filter in the 2nd IF
(6.3 MHz).  The filter that will go in the NAR position is then
the 218, I believe, and the one that will go into the 1.8
position will be the 288.  This should all be in your manual.

Have a good time.  You can often find these filters used for
$50 and under, and even new they are well under $100 I think.
Yes, they are still available new.

Clark
WA3JPG