[TenTec] Ten-Tec 4229 tuner

Winston F. Jones winjones@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:47:39 -0600 (CST)

I recently bought a used Ten-Tec 4229 2kw tuner. (This is the kit
version of the 229 tuner).

In the bypass switch position, I can only get a low SWR on my radio if
I place the roller inductor with the pointer at the far right end of
the dial. The capacitor tuning has no effect on the SWR in the bypass
position and I thought that in bypass, the roller inductor should also
have no effect. However, if the roller inductor pointer is at the left
side of the scale when in the bypass position, the SWR is way out the
top - 20 to 1 or more.

Is this normal for the 229 tuner or did someone wire up this 4229
wrong? Can any of you Ten-Tec tuner owners help me? I am new to this
tuner type.

73, Winston K4CWQ