[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec Digest V1 #289

Chuck (Jack) Hawley c-hawley@uiuc.edu
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 06:48:40 -0600

Ten Tec Digest wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:36:08 -0800
> From: Grant Taylor K7GT <k7gt@qsl.net>
> Subject: [TenTec] Thanks, Herc II output verified!
>
> Thanks go to the 4 Tentec'ers who checked their Hercules II amps with
> 50 W drive. For the record, three of the four indicate that 50 W in
> gives 500W out (within 1%) and one said that 25W in would give 500W out.
> (I want THAT one!!)
>
> In any case, thanks for your gracious assistance!
>
> Happy Holidays  from  sunny California  (but put on a good windbreaker)
>
> Grant/K7GT   Pleasanton CA

My Herc (about 4 years old) does 500 watts with 50 watts input. BUT, a friend of mine who just
bought one says that he gets 500 watts out with 25 watts input. Was there a change?

Charles (Jack) Hawley
Chuck....Ham Radio KE9UW
AKA "Jack" BMW Motorcycles, MOA #224 K100RS
Wife rides...Viki, MOA #18120 K100RS
President IBMWR
c-hawley@uiuc.edu
Sr. Research Engineer Emeritus