[TenTec] Ten Tec/Yaesu Rumor Time (Again...)

NW9G / Ten Tec / CW nw9g@netusa1.net
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 21:22:18 -0500

At 02:38 PM 12/28/97 EST, William K Hibbert wrote:
>It must be a New Years-type of thing.  The rumors are circulating about
>Yaesu buying out Tne Tec, keeping the enclosures and Mil-Spec lines here,
>and moving everything else out to the Far East...
>
>One "Service Control" station on 7.258 even went as far as to tell
>everyone to "Dump the Ten Tec rigs before you need parts or service
>'cause Yaesu ain't gonna fix a dam` thing made in Tennesee..."
>
>I have seen a couple of these on packet, and heard a number of comments
>since Xmas on 75 & 40, just the same as last year.
>
>Funny, I don't see any panic selling of Ten Tec rigs out there yet...
>

>72/73, Keith, WB2VUO, 100% QRP from the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp
>"My night light runs more power than my Rig!!!"

Keith, with all due respects, it is e-mails to reflectors that keep stupid
rumors and such going.  Maybe you should have kept something so dumb
to yourself.....Huh??
73's.....Happy new years....Steve...NW9G