[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec / Yaesu Rumor

William K Hibbert wb2vuo@juno.com
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:54:55 EST

Thanks for the note, Jim , and others...

Most of the negative comments had "NETCOP" written all over them.  The
rest, and some of the "NETCOP" ones had an anti-SSB slant to them.
Especialy with my mention of 75 & 40 Meters...

---------------------< Climbing upon the Soapbox
>---------------------------------

"An Amateur as Balanced..."  It sez so right in the Amateur Code in the
front of the ARRL Handbook.  I made disparaging noises about all of the
"Die-Hard CW Freaks" at the first Field Day I went to (1966), and Les,
W2OQY, my "Elmer" straightened me out on "Balanced".  It means doing
everything you can/want to do and letting others have the same rights...

I have been active on as many modes/bands as I could since then.  Too me
"Balanced" means running your favorite mode(s) and accepting that others
may not share in your enthusiasm for, say 24 GHz Wide-Band FM or EME or
weak-signal SSB on 903.1 MHz or homebrewing a CW transceiver for 160
(30,17,12) Meters.  Fill in the blanks.  You running SSTV?  Why not?  Oh,
you have no interest in it.  That's fine, but don't trash those that do.
Same thing for CW/SSB/FM/2 Meters/APRS/RACES/REACT or Major League
Soccer...

Get in there and operate.  If you have only one mode, great, but
recognize that others may take a different road, and still get fun out of
Amateur radio.  And, Ten Tec supports more than JUST CW, although the
gear REALLY SHINES on CW, no doubt!  That's why I own two Ten Tec Rigs...

Direct replies, if any, please.  Post if you feel there is a general
interst in the post.

72/73, Keith, WB2VUO, 100% QRP from the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp
"My Night Light runs more power than my Rig!!!"