OMNI V Rig Control

Don Whitener whitener@HiWAAY.net
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 11:05:52 -0600

At the request of several people, I am posting a summary of positive
a WWW page and have a demo version available.  I have not personally
evaluated or compared and do not personally endorse any of the
software.  The following comments were provided by other readers of
this reflector:

1.  DxBase, as the name implies, is oriented towards the DXer. It
almost
fully supports the Omni V in sending to and receiving information
from
the V.

http://www.mindspring.com/~jlennox/

2.  Log-Eqf is more of a general logging program with the ability to
track
DXCC and handle contests. Log-EQF will retrieve frequency and mode
information
from the Omni V. It will also change bands.

http://www.itis.net/eqf/

3  DX4WIN is a full featured logging program and will allow the user
configure his own radio driver.

http://home.erols.com/pvander/

The OMNI V protocols can be obtained from Ten-Tec or several readers
of this reflector.

73...
Don Whitener, K4BWU
whitener@hiwaay.net